Follow the instructions below to install the demo version of Touch Creator or Touch Player on your Mac. The demo installation procedure described here is exemplary for any real life installation.
The main difference lies in the serial key. To run Touch Creator and Touch Player without restriction, you will need to purchase the full licenses from ~sedna gmbh. A demo installation is restricted in time (30 days), and the projects created with the trial version of Touch Creator can't be used with the full version.
Touch Player and Touch Creator cannot run both on the same Mac. This also applies to the demo versions. Therefore, you need two Macs to test the whole Touch Creator workflow.
The current ~sedna touch version 2.0 supports OS X 10.10 and OS X 10.11 ("El Capitan"). Which hardware Macs are supported is described here. A list of multi-touch displays supported by Touch Player can be found here. The maximum resolution is now 4K for each display.
Please also take care to read both the Release Notes and the Important Notes documents that are included in the installation package of Touch Creator and Touch Player.
Standard user rights are sufficient to run Touch Creator or Touch Player. However, the installation of either application requires administrator privileges. For technical reasons, it is also required that Touch Creator and Touch Player are run under the same user account that the installation was carried out under.
If that account happens to be an administrator account, the installation will be carried out with no further action needed. However, if that account is a standard user account, the credentials of an administrator will be asked for during installation.
Note: Please make sure that the user account Touch Player is to be operated under has a password set. User accounts with no password set are not supported.
To prepare the installation, you need to follow these steps:
- Start by requesting a demo license for Touch Creator available here. The activation codes will be sent to you via email.
- Download the ~sedna touch installation file from the Touch Creator download page. The downloaded DMG file contains the necessary files for both Touch Player and Touch Creator.
- Download the Activator application for Touch Creator here.
- Download the Activator application for Touch Player here.
- You may also want to download some demo projects from the Touch Creator download page.
With the preparation completed, you’re a few steps away from a working Touch Creator demo. You need to get the following steps done:
Installing Touch Creator
Follow these steps to install Touch Creator:
- Open the downloaded DMG file. To install Touch Creator you need to click on the Agree button to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- To install Touch Creator, double-click on the Touch Creator.pkg icon on the right hand side.
- Activate your Touch Creator installation. The activation procedure is described further below.
Follow the instructions to install Touch Creator.
Note: The installation of Touch Creator requires administrator privileges. However, administrator privileges are not required to run Touch Creator.
Installing Touch Player
Basically, installing Touch Player follows the same procedure as installing Touch Creator.
- Open the DMG file on the Mac you wish to install Touch Player on, and click Agree to accept the EULA.
- Double click on the Touch Player.pkg icon on the left hand side and follow the instructions to install Touch Player.
- Activate your Touch Player installation. The activation procedure is described in the next section.
Activate Your Demo Applications
After installing Touch Creator and Touch Player you need to activate the applications. Without activation, the installed applications won’t work.
- Open the downloaded Touch Creator Activator (or Touch Player Activator) on the Mac an activation is needed on.
- You'll be asked to enter the activation code that you received from ~sedna. Take care to enter the proper code corresponding to the application installed on the current Mac. Note that you can use a license code only once.
- Enter your contact details and click OK.
- Close Touch Creator Activator (or Touch Player Activator accordingly).
Your demo applications are now ready to be used. Open the downloaded demo projects, or create your own scenarios. Have fun with it. The license is valid for 30 days after you've activated it.
Note: Multi-touch scenarios created with the demo version can be saved, but can’t be opened on a Touch Creator installation with a purchased license.
Contact and Further Information
You can find further details on the installation and setup of Touch Player in the Touch Player section. There you can also find detailed information on how to install multi-touch displays and touch overlay devices.
If you are having trouble using the demo version, contact your ~sedna team or distributor directly for further assistance.