When creating a new project, you have to make an initial configuration of the displays used in the project. You can change this initial configuration in the Displays tab of the Scene Manager. There you can find a list of already configured displays.
To change the parameters of a display item, select it within the Scene Manager or in the Stage. The corresponding settings will be shown in the Inspector where you can make the required changes.
The following settings are available:
- Name: Give the item a unique name.
- Label: Select a color that the corresponding item will be marked with in the Scene Manager
- Size: Set the width and height of the display in pixels.
- Position: Set the X and Y position of the display. Negative X values place the display to the left of the origin, positive ones to the right. Negative Y values put the display down, while positive ones put it up. Note: The very first display will be placed with its bottom left corner on the X=0,Y=0 origin of the Stage. However, by changing the values, you can relocate the first display wherever you need it to be.
- Rotation: You can rotate the display items to simulate the physical rotation of the display devices.
To have your multi-touch content displayed, you must give the display items names that correspond to the names given in the preferences of Touch Player. If you have placed content within the Stage on a display with a name that is not defined anywhere on a Touch Player, then the content is not displayed.
On the other hand, if you have placed content on a name with multiple occurrences on Touch Players, then the content will be displayed on each existing display with the same name. See also the Player Preferences page.
Adding a new display
To add a new display, click on the button in the bottom right corner of the Displays tab. You can also right-click anywhere on the Displays tab and click on Add. Click on Delete if you want to remove the corresponding display.
If you want to duplicate an existing display item, you can right-click on an existing display item and click on Duplicate. A copy of the original display item will be created with the exact same settings.
Please change the resolution and desired position of the duplicate item accordingly. You can either edit the settings manually, or switch the Stage to Edit mode and drag the selected display into position.
Note: It is important to know that the coordinate origin X=0, Y=0 of the project stage is placed at the bottom left corner of the first display that was defined. This spot is fixed on the stage, so if you move that first display anywhere else, the origin will not move with it.